Grilled cheese is one of the mouthwatering dishes that every connoisseur would love to have in their breakfast every day. It is, in essence, made with three ingredients: bread, cheese, and butter. Now the question is how to make grilled cheese in air fryer oven.
Preparing the grilled cheese isn’t a daunting task. Some people find it challenging, though. It is because they try out different ways to make the grilled cheese. Some cooks use a traditional frying pan, and some use an air fryer oven to make this dish.
But the problem arises when they use the air fryer as most people haven’t accurate knowledge regarding how to prepared grilled cheese in an air fryer oven. For them and novice cooks, below, we will cover everything about preparing the air-fried grilled cheese.
How to Prepare Grilled Cheese in an Air Fryer Oven
Before moving onto cooking, first, let’s make a list of the ingredients:
- Bread: Some people prefer using regular bread, while others go with sourdough bread. Both bread types are good to go; you can use one type that suits you most.
- Cheese: It is the primary ingredient for making grilled cheese. You can use various types of cheeses, including melty, American, cheddar, Gouda, etc. No matter which cheese you select, make sure you have the best one.
- Mayo: Although it isn’t mandatory, you can use mayonnaise as an additional ingredient.
- Butter: Butter will add flavor to your grilled cheese, so you shouldn’t skip this item.
Now, you may think about why you should use both mayonnaise and butter in your dish. Even it may sound crazy! Well, if you use mayonnaise and butter and spread them on your bread, your grilled cheese will taste absolutely divine. If you haven’t ever tried it, you must follow the recipe and try it.
Apart from that, there are some more reasons for using mayonnaise on the grilled cheese, and these are: mayonnaise requires more time to get smoky, which means your bread gets enough time to get the golden texture.
Alongside the bread, cheese also gets adequate time to melt. Thanks to mayonnaise, your bread achieves a golden and crunchy texture and fluffy melty interior.
When you add butter besides mayonnaise, you create the perfect topping. Adding butter gives the best flavor that you desire. Thus, both are essential ingredients to add to your grilled cheese.
Now let’s discuss the cooking process of grilled cheese in an air fryer oven.
- First, you should use two bread pieces along with your favorite cheese.
- Then, keep the cheese in the middle of those two bread pieces. You can use butter or cooking spray to the bread’s one side.
- Then, use mayo on one side of each piece of bread.
- After that, put the butter side down on the air fryer’s basket.
- Then add butter on the other sides of the pieces of bread.
It is time to set the air fryer oven’s timer to five minutes at 350 degrees. After frying for five minutes, you should flip the sandwich to the other side of the grilled cheese to get cooked correctly.
Then, air fry for another three minutes. At this point, your grilled cheese should be ready to serve. However, you should remember that all air fryers don’t work the same. Thus, you need to adjust the timer accordingly.
What Other Items Can I Serve with Air-Fried Grilled Cheese?
Tomato soup can be an excellent serving dish. It will enhance the taste of your grilled cheese. You can also use carrot and cabbage salad, which will play a refreshing role.
It will be an added plus if you add air-fried French fries with your main dish. The whole cheese platter will look enticing.
Some Essential Tips for Making the Best-Grilled Cheese
You should remember that no matter what dish you prepare, it should look best and taste best, as well. That means you should never consider anything with the food quality. You may follow these mentioned-below tips to make the preferred grilled-cheese every time.
- Bread: Try to choose high-quality bread. As you know, bread plays a crucial role in making the grilled cheese perfect.
- Butter: Likewise, the bread, select the best quality butter and apply it generously on the bread’s outer sides.
- Spillage Protection: You need to ensure that the cheese remains stable on the bread slice. It shouldn’t come out and leak over the bread’s edges.
- Perfect Sandwich: You need to pin the sandwich using toothpicks. It will withstand the bread from flying off.
Preparing Unique Grilled Cheese
Choosing different types of ingredients can make your grilled dishes more tasty and unique. Below, we will discuss how you can bring variations in your air-fried grilled cheese.
- Bread: You can add various types of bread, including rye, ciabatta, etc. It will bring a new variation to the air-fried grilled cheese.
- Cheese: Like the bread, there are various cheese options, though. You can add olby, provolone, swiss, pepper jack, Monterey jack, or any strongly flavored cheese.
- Toppings: You can add tomatoes, caramelized onions, mushrooms, cucumbers, avocados, sliced meat, pepperoni, or anything you like to make the grilled cheese better.
The Correct Way of Using an Air Fryer Oven
- Heating: Some air fryer ovens require preheating, while others don’t. Thus, if your air fryer oven falls in the first category, you need to preheat it before going for the cooking.
- Basket-Jamming: We recommend you not to overcrowd the air fryer’s basket. In case you do, you may not get the perfect grilled cheeses as some of them won’t cook correctly.
- Oil: Although air fryers are built to cook without using any cooking oil, some fryers need oil. In case your air fryer requires oil, you can use a small amount of oil then.
How to Store the Leftover Dishes
If you prepare more dishes than required, you feel the need to store the leftovers. Well, you can keep the grilled cheese in air-tight containers. The air-fried cheese will remain stable for up to three to five days. Before eating again, you have to reheat the leftovers.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Can you grill in an air fryer?
An air fryer usually comes with handy parts, such as a double grill layer, basket, rack, and separators to fry, bake, roast, and most importantly, grill. That’s why you are allowed to grill anything in almost all air fryers.
2. Can cheese go in an air fryer?
Fresh cheese doesn’t work well in an air fryer. It melts and so sticks to the surface, which causes a mess.
3. Can Aluminum foil be used in an air fryer?
You can place aluminum foil inside an air fryer oven, but you have to follow some techniques. Keep the aluminum foil small so that the entire basket is not covered. You shouldn’t use it without food. To get the perfect outcome from aluminum foil, you have to use it with low-calorie fried foods.
Most cooking enthusiasts love to prepare air-fried grilled cheese. It is because it allows hassle-free cooking and is convenient to serve. Besides cooks, food lovers also love to have this delicious dish.
Grilled cheese has been listed as one of the best foods in many food lover’s buckets. They love its cheese texture and buttery flavor. But this tasty dish can taste worst if one can’t make the air-fried grilled cheese correctly.
However, we hope you found the article pretty helpful to your cooking. If you follow the guideline we have already mentioned above, you can prepare a delicious dish of grilled cheese. Not only you, but anyone can easily prepare this delicious dish with no hassle.